What's this all about

Chronicling my steps to becoming a published novelist, and the randomness of my life.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Google-able

I just learned something very interesting.

If you go to Google and search "Focusing humor" and then click on images, and then go to result page 4...guess who's smiling face you see?

Mine!

That's right, I am Google-able under something that isn't my name.

The image is of my profile pic and it links back to this fancy blog all because in my bio I say "focusing on the humor in life." And that, my friends, is how the internet works.

On a completely separate and totally unrelated note...I've decided to rewrite Chapter 2 of my novel. It just wasn't working for me, and when I tried to go back just tweak things "in-line" I got stuck and frustrated. Then I remembered some great advice from my old creative writing professor: "If something's not working, just cut it out."

So I'm cutting out chapter 2 and starting fresh. I began working on it Monday and I'm already feeling better about it. It's still going to have the same basic plot, but I changed some stuff up in the cemetery scene to make it a little more revved up and horrific. I think (hope) you will like it. I'm also trying to add some things to flesh out the characters a little more. My goal is to have it finished by the weekend, and then I will post it here and ask for your honest feedback, as the routine goes.

Thanks for reading! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment